Monday, April 27, 2015

Day after the Robbery in the western sequel

This past Saturday, I did the book signing at the Rotary Craft Fair in Alton, NH.  I was very pleased when the first person who purchased a book said, "I loved your western and I understand you have a sequel out to the book."  I showed her "Silver Lake's Transformation and she walked away a very happy reader.

Because of her comment, I plan to continue my postings of Silver Lake's Transformation since so many people are enjoying westerns today.

Here is:  A Day After the Robbery.

After breakfast, Todd and Lenny take the wounded robber to the sheriff’s office and place him in into one of the two cells.  Doc told them he should have his wound looked at every couple of days and he could do that in the cell.
Todd heads down to the livery stable, Todd asks Sam, “Have you ever seen the brand before on the horse I brought in last night?”
“No, sheriff, I’ve never seen that brand.  You might want to visit with Jeff the blacksmith and describe it to him.  Maybe, he’s fixed shoes on horses with that brand.”
Todd visits with Jeff and comes up with the same negative answer.  He doesn’t recognize the brand either.
Todd heads back to the office.  Inside Lenny tells him, “Our prisoner doesn’t want to answer any questions.”
“Does it surprise you?”
“Hell no!  Is there any information on the brand?”
“None, you stay in the office today except for afternoon rounds.  I’m going to try and find out where his partner wound up.”
Before he leaves town, Todd walks into the general store and checks with Randy to see what they might have taken.”
“So far I’m missing a 12 ga. shotgun, ammunition, and two revolvers of .44 cal.”

“I’m heading out to find the partner of the one we have in a cell.”

No comments:

Post a Comment